Friday, March 4, 2011

The Greatest General of All Time

I read a story about a man who died and met Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

Knowing that the apostle was wise and knowledgeable, he asked, “Saint Peter, I
have been interested in military history for many years. Tell me... who was the
greatest general of all time?”

Saint Peter quickly responded, “Oh, that’s a simple question.” He pointed, “It’s that
man over there.”
The man said, “You must be mistaken. I knew that man on earth. He was just a road
sweeper.”

“That’s right, my friend,” replied Saint Peter. “But he would have been the greatest
general of all time – if he had been a general.”

Hmm... Does this story make you wonder if you have really found what your talents are?

Are you being the best in what you are meant to be? Or do you live your life according to what others tasked you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment